Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US DIRECTLY
A /R collects the Business Information necessary to enable us to respond to your requests for our products and services and to send you information regarding our products and services from time to time. Since most of the users of our products and website are doing so in their capacity as employees or companies, most Business Information we collect will be in that capacity (rather than information about you individually). For these purposes, we have defined “Business Information” as any information that identifies or may identify a company or an individual contact at a company or that allows others to contact a company or an individual contact at a company. When you visit our website, you may be asked to submit information such as e-mail address, company name, address, and phone number. We may also ask you where you heard about our company or products, or for other information that will help us understand more about your needs or help us process your requests for information. In addition, we collect credit card and related payment information when you order products, services or support plans online.
COMMENTS AND REVIEWS
When visitors leave comments and reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the comments or reviews form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
To access certain products on the Website, a user may be required to register with A /R. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name, email address, job title). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and address) and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
From time-to-time, our Website may request information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify winners and award prizes, if applicable. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish a comment or review, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Site. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you provide us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to the Site, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your designs and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the A /R Service and our users’ experience, including monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customising the Service for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the Service is customized to your needs. For example, if you tell us your profession to recommend designs that are likely to be relevant to you.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all A /R users.
- For matters that you have specifically consented to: From time to time A /R may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
Who we share your data with
Sharing your information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside A /R without your consent, except as noted in this section:
Who we may share your information with
Some of the third parties that A /R may share your personal information with include providers who assist A /R with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products.
A /R may also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where:
- we are required to do so as a result of a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement;
- we believe that it is necessary to protect you or A /R, such as where we consider that there is a need to investigate potentially fraudulent or criminal activity; or
- you have consented to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose.
A /R may also share your information with a third party in circumstances where we sell, divest or transfer A /R, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses to a third party. Information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganisations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of A /R.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties. We do not share your data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless you give us your consent to do so.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our Website, we also store the Personal Information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their Personal Information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use our Websites or Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Additionally, if the collection of your personal data was based on your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Be aware that by revoking consent, you may lose access to services you previously opted to use.
Rights in Respect of Your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Users in those jurisdictions may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information;
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
In some circumstances A /R may not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties, such as by publishing a design on a third party’s website. In that case A /R will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you may be entitled to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
A /R does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 and the Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Third parties that A /R may share your personal information with include providers who assist A /R with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products.
How we protect your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit personal information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline. We use appropriate security measures to protect the security of your data both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, store, and the current state of technology. Please note, though, that no website or internet transmission is completely secure, so while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, A /R will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.